Friday, September 14, 2007

A third quake

Was told by hubby this morning that there was a quake at 12.20am today. I was out for the count so totally slept through it. Hehe.

It's very sad to know the poor Indonesians are being affected by these earthquakes. Imagine us being so far away and feeling slightly affected, they being in the thick of the action must be truly suffering. All the disruptions to their daily lives... buildings being destroyed, etc.

We are very blessed to be in Singapore, away from it all, and protected by most natural disasters. However, if we do not take care of our planet, soon in Singapore, we might start experiencing some of these too. Plus with all the digging everywhere, the land reclamation, etc. It's all too scary to think. I've noticed floods are getting worse these days too.

3 comments:

lilltots said...

hi hi....thanks Deb and Gaye for having lunch wz me...it was too short, compared to our usual outings ya!! I am enjoying myself at work..blur as to be expected...all so new to me..somehow the transition back to work from housewife has been easy. feels like I was never away. I think Terese being well adjusted is helping a lot..if I see her not happy..then I would be sad too!! thats what we mums are like. rite. ladies?

SIG said...

Yes, it does help if she's well adjusted. Now she can climb all over mama's head. Hope she's eating well still without you breathing down her throat. Haha.

trevshanhann said...

was great to meet up....and yes feel really sad for Indonesians...poor things.