Saturday, August 4, 2007

Obolo




After class this morning, we walked past a shop in Joo Chiat and chanced upon a lovely cake shop. Reminds me of Bakerzin. I've never heard of it before. It's called Obolo. Apparently they used to sell their cakes online before starting their flagship store in Joo Chiat in June this year. I just missed the opening promotion where you get 3 cakes for $15.90. It's really good value. Their current promotion is a National Day special where you get a slice of New York cheesecake (a bestseller) plus a glass of Verrine Summer Berries for a special price of $9.90. Usual price is $13.10. I bought those as well as a slice of Noisette (also a bestseller). Oooh...also couldn't resist the macaroons. I got the Raspberry, Hazelnut-Chocolate and Mango-Passion. Have not tried them yet. Will have them for after-dinner dessert.

We each had a little of each cake to try. Princess had the Verrine all to herself. I didn't even get a taste of hers as by the time I was ready to try it, she had already finished everything. Haha. It must have been delicious, that's all I can say. My favourite was the Noisette. It was yummy. Was a lovely sponge, mousse, wafer combination and they used dark chocolate so it wasn't awfully sweet, more like a bitter chocolate taste. The New York cheesecake was alright. I thought the cheese was rather salty.

Well, anyway, give it a try when you are in the area.

Address:-

Obolo
452 Joo Chiat Road
Singapore 427665
Tel: 6348 9791


No comments: