Dragged myself off to the kitchen to prepare a simple soup for dinner. Nothing too heavy as princess has gym class later. Bought half a butternut pumpkin last week when out shopping with mum and forgot all about it. Decided to steam the pumpkin and boiled some carrots with red split lentils. Would have added some curry powder to soup but don't have that. Also no bread in the house or would have been nice with soup.
Pumpkin Carrot Soup (serves 3 adults)
Half a pumpkin
2 small carrots
1-2 tbsp of red split lentils
1 tbsp of curry powder
1. Steam pumpkin till soft. Scoop out flesh.
2. Boil carrots and lentils till soft.
3. Put in blender and blend well.
4. Pour soup back into saucepan and boil. Add curry powder and salt to taste.
5. Serve with a tsp of creme fraiche and garnish.
Decided to post the recipe here for G & Sam as sometimes we get ideas from each other as to what to cook for dinner. It can be a bit of a headache always having to think of stuff to cook. I find that I often end up cooking the same few dishes.
Chili Crab Claws!
4 days ago