Monday, August 13, 2007

Blueberry Muffins


Princess wasn't in school again today and she was playing by herself all morning, then grandpa visited and after he left, we decided to bake some blueberry muffins. Have been meaning to bake them but was lazy. Bought blueberries last week as they were on offer. Also found a nice recipe on Allrecipes website which sounded easy. So decided to try it out. Well, here they are...

Note: I would cut down on the sugar in the topping and maybe leave out the cinnamon.

Comment: This blueberry muffin is delicious!! Very soft and not dry at all. I wouldn't say it is moist, just a very good texture. All except for the very sweet streusel which I will cut down on sugar. Cinnamon and blueberry doesn't seem to do it for me, unlike apple and cinnamon which is a great combination. I'll maybe just put a half teaspoon of cinnamon as I find the original recipe is way too much and makes the topping a little overbearing in taste, and maybe add a dash of vanilla to muffin mix. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I'm inspired now to try out more muffin recipes. :)

No comments: