Made these a couple of days back after getting inspiration from 3 elements. The recipe sounded easy enough and I had the ingredients needed. You can get the recipe here. However, maybe it was the addition of the dried cranberries but it was rather sweet so I would lessen the amount of sugar the next time I make it. It was a hit with hubby, who before he came to Singapore 12 years ago, had never tasted nor heard of this pudding. Hehe.
What U need:
- 6 slices Bread
- Butter for spreading on bread
- Handful of dried cranberries or any other dried fruit of choice
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Dashes of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Trim the crusts off the bread & spread butter evenly on one side.
- Break bread into small pieces onto an oiled 8 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with cranberries.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla & cinnamon until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over bread, ensuring all the bread are soaked with the mixture.
- Let it stand for 15mins.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly tapped & browned.
- Serve warm.