Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fried Rice & Fishy Luncheon

What is a Chinese take out without Fried Rice? I'm sure everyone will agree with me that a dish of fried rice is a must-have at most Chinese take-outs. I am, thus, submitting my fried rice for Mochachocolata Rita's Chinese Take-Out Party.

While browsing in the supermarket one day, I discovered this new product - Ayam Brand Fish Luncheon. How interesting. So, since I was picking up some ingredients for dinner last evening, I decided to try it out. Fish is healthier than meats anyway, so no harm in that. It also ensures that little princess consumes her fish. What could be better than that. ;) I love a camouflage any day. The verdict is that there is no fishy taste, or maybe since it is cooked with so many other ingredients, I hardly even tasted it on its own.

Recipe for fried rice -

Rice - enough for 3 to 4 people (I used 1-1/2cup uncooked rice)

Half an onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 cups finely shredded cabbage (one of the items I needed to rid my fridge of)
1/2 cup spring onion, sliced thinly
1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
5 sticks of crabsticks, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup of corned beef (leftovers from another time)
1/4 cup of fish luncheon, sliced thinly
1 egg
10 - 12 prawns (also needed to clear these off)
light soy sauce, sesame oil, white pepper for seasoning

Method -

1. Saute onions till transparent, add garlic & fry till fragrant. Stir in prawns and remove. Set aside.

2. Fry cabbage next and when a little soft, add in corn, fish luncheon, corned beef & fry till well-mixed.

3. Add in the egg and rice over it. Season to taste. Add in prawns in the end together with spring onions and mix well. Ready to be served.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your fried rice looks delicious! I did fried rice too but with the limited ingredients in the refrigerator, mine didn't look as good.

daphne said...

oo. that is really new!

Beachlover said...

hmmm everybody make fried rice!!Your Fried rice must be good with fish !!.yum yum

Unknown said...

so many dishes i want to stand by during the party (me, imagining the party, me, holding a big plate full of food - buffet style, and this is lunch time...wat a tortureeeee)

Sweet Jasmine said...

wow..this fish luncheon must be something new on the market...hope I can get it here in Penang....As for the party...I invited myself over and had cook up something very chinese for all to drool over today....do not hesitate to drop by to see what it is...

Must be a party of fried rice eh...anyway I love fried rice...this one looks very yummy too....

Big Boys Oven said...

Oh! this is an interesting fried rice! must be awesome good!

SIG said...

little corner of mine - Thanks, yes I saw your fried rice too. :) And no, it doesn't look like it's not nice.

daphne - Oh yes, check it out when you are back.

rita - Hahaha, it's tough being a judge isn't it? Mine is just ok, nothing compared to some others. :P And you are so right, to have so much foodstuff in front of you to choose from hehe, pure torture.

sweet jasmine - Thanks Jasmine, it's lovely the dish you prepared. And I'm sure it will land on your shores soon if it hasn't already. Keep a lookout next time you visit the supermarket.

big boys oven - Haha, thanks Sid. Awesomely good I can't guarantee lah. :P

tigerfish said...

Wooo...AYAM brand has fish luncheon now. That's new to me. You made professional fried rice by having the cabbage shreds on top of your fried rice. Now I feel hungry ...

SIG said...

tigerfish - Oh yes, little one thinks it's meat and she eats them so I'm happy. :) Oh really, I put the cabbage shreds so it didn't look too boring. Hehe. Thanks.

Dwiana P said...

Hello, thank you for stopping by and left comment on my site. You do have a lovely blog and delish foods here.
by the way, I never think to cook fried rice with fish luncheon, that is a good idea!

SIG said...

dwiana p - Thanks for visiting. And for your lovely comments. Oh yes, was a great substitute. :)