Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sugarbunny & Hello Kitty pizza bento

I had a splendid morning with two good friends and a friend from out-of-town I just met today. He was a laugh and he left us 3 in stitches. It was great fun. I left them with a smile on my face. I haven't been feeling tiptop lately as there have been pains in the joints of my hands and wherever possible, I try not to take any steroids. No steroids = pain, but well, just have to endure.

We spent 2-1/2hrs chatting about everything and it was with great regret that I had to leave them. My girl does not need to stay back in school today as mid year orals are on thus teacher will be preoccupied testing the older girls after school this afternoon.

I rushed to the supermarket grabbing the stuff that was on my shopping list, thank God I prepared it before I left home, as I would definitely have been in a flurry as time was ticking real fast. I knew I was going to prepare a bento, and a pizza one at that. From the moment I got home, I had exactly 15mins in which to prepare it. I had picked up a slice of kueh lapis from Bengawan Solo when I walked past the shop, and that plus the sushi helped in the speed of the preparation. After popping the pizza into the oven, I cut up some rock melon and started the assembly. Hello kitty-shaped pizza is right below the Sugarbunny one. I cut them using rice moulds.

Glad that she loved her bento and finished every bit of it. :)

3 comments:

tigerfish said...

Sometimes I find Hello Kitty quite cute (cos it is dumb-looking) but others will beg to differ. Hahah!

Susan Yuen said...

My daughter loves pizza! What a great idea to cut it into HK and Sugar Bunny shapes!

SIG said...

Haha, tigerfish. Dumb? Lol. I find it's the easiest shape to cut. ;)

Susan - Yes, makes the pizza more fun, don't ya think? ;P