Friday, April 9, 2010

Round & round we go...

Something's getting me very excited and I can't wait for the 17th of this month. The day can't arrive quick enough.

Do you know what it is yet?

He he. It's the Circle Line... with our very own station right at our doorstep! How exciting is that! Me, an MRT-phobic (as claimed by hubby), is actually looking forward to the start of the underground service! I never like taking the train, and as far as possible, will try to avoid it. Of course taxis are great but when I have lots of time and am not in a rush, buses are my favourite form of transportation. They take you from point to point. I am excited that I can now take a train to pick my girl from school in half the time. Truth be told, I am lazy each time, thinking of the 45mins bus ride to school followed by the 10minute walk.

The girl has to stay back in school 4 times this week as well as next week, that's why I think the service is not opening quick enough for me.

Last Sunday was a special day. Not only was it Easter Sunday, it was also the free trial of the Circle Line. We got free rides and got off at a few stations to take photos and look around. Our favourite station was the one at the National Stadium. Loved the interior which reminded me of Noah's Ark.

I love the ends of the escalators. The wheels rotate and I think that's very pretty.

3 comments:

daphne said...

good to know it is now open! haha.. i am so backwards with the news in sg.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice! And how convenient that it's just outside of your doorsteps. Definitely will be my favorite transportation in that case.

HK Choo said...

Oh, MRT-phobic? Why, you afraid you will fall in between the gap? Just kidding...