Monday, April 12, 2010

Otah sandwich bento

Sis had a craving for the otah from this particular store in Joo Chiat Road. It's my favourite by far. There is the right amount of fish and spice and never fails to leave my tummy burning after consuming 2 pieces. It just has that oomph which I have failed to find in other otahs. The other reason I love this store is that they produce a non-spicy version similar to what we enjoy minus the chilli. It costs 10cents more than the $1 for the normal mackerel ones we like. Experience with most otah stalls is that the non-spicy version is almost always made with fishcakes, thus the princess likes this, although she likes the fishcake ones just as much.

As we were rushing to catch a movie, I decided to make otah sandwiches for everyone, and also as a surprise for sis. :D

Pretty sandwich bento boxes.

Address:

Nam San Fresh Mackerel Otah
267 Joo Chiat Road

7 comments:

Angeleyes said...

So, are you going to influence your sis to pack bento too???? :P

SIG said...

Angeleyes - I doubt Sis can be bothered haha.

Choo - Yes, exactly my thoughts but sis said I shouldn't have given her bread. She prefers it 'neat'.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Man, I miss the otak!

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Oooh you gave me such a craving for otah now. I love both the chilli and white ones, I wish I could have some now!

And with some gardenia bread...

Shazz said...

Yes exactly... 1.I can't be bothered and 2.I prefer it neat...haha.

SIG said...

I love love otah, C. :P

Beau Lotus - I will buy for you when you come back, you remind me ok? And I have confidence in you my friend, that when you put your mind to it, you can do it at home. :D

Shazz - Hahah.

SIG said...

I love love otah, C. :P

Beau Lotus - I will buy for you when you come back, you remind me ok? And I have confidence in you my friend, that when you put your mind to it, you can do it at home. :D

Shazz - Hahah.