Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Strawberry Butter Cake

Been wanting to try this recipe but since was waiting for the arrival of the Kenwood, decided to keep it for today. I've never baked a strawberry cake before but having bought like 2 punnets of strawberries over the weekend, I wanted to do something nice with it and it so happened that littlecornerofmine had just baked a strawberry cake.

The batter in the mixing process smelled heavenly and my house is all sweet-smelling now from the fragrance of strawberries. The cake turned out nice, a little oily but otherwise was lovely. Had a wonderful aroma. I cut down the sugar to 3/4cup and it's not too sweet. Wonder if I can cut down some butter too. Notice that the bottom of the cake is a bit moist? Hmm... got to work on that. And the top cracked too. Sigh. But most important is that it is yummy. :P

12 comments:

BoZoGEMOK said...

Wow... looks yummy! May I have a slice to go with my coffee?

SIG said...

Sure, of course you can. :)

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Looks yummy.... tempting me to go bake one now....haha!
But toooooo lazy to butt.

Send some over lah! *wink*

SIG said...

Hehe, go bake lah, don't be lazy. Ok sure. You can have some. ;)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for trying the recipe. You were right, now I remembered mine was quite oily too and I did cut down on the butter when I posted the recipe. Perhaps you can cut 2 Tbsp. off? You can play with it. However, not sure the cause of your bottom part of the cake the result of too much butter or over beating or something else? Since I didn't have that problem, the problem I encountered was my cake sink in the middle! Not sure what happen! So, crack is better than sink in the middle right? LOL!

SIG said...

little corner of mine - ya, probably need to take off more butter. Ya don't know about the bottom too. Haha, crack is bad too, ya but sink is why? too high temp? or you used forced fan? The other day I used fan on carrot cake also sank then I switched off fan was ok.

HK Choo said...

wah, maiden bake with your new kenwood? hip hip hooray :)

SIG said...

Choo - Oh yes, hehe.

trevshanhann said...

yummy.. i think the strawberry may have made the bottom moist

SIG said...

trevshanhann - Yes, I was thinking that too.

BoZoGEMOK said...

Wow.. congratulations on your early Christmas gift. Have fun with it girl! And here's the Rockin Girl Award now for you which you truly deserve!

SIG said...

Bozo - Ahhahahaha. Yup, very early one. Oh, thanks for the award. You flatter me. :)