Friday, October 12, 2007

Gifts from Japan

Today seems like my birthday. Haha! My bakes turned out well, got an award, as well as some gifts from Minako-san. Arigato Gozaimasu.

She got a Cinnamoroll bento box which is kawaii (cute)! And a Hello Kitty toothbrush set. Princess can't wait to use it.


I did ask her to pick up a couple of things for me when she went back Japan to attend her brother's wedding, primarily the shaped nori. Ever since I saw them on Peony's blog, I thought they were super cute. I know my girl will go nuts. Coincidentally Peony too had just posted on her lovely new bento box today and some new 'toys' of hers from Japan.

So sweet of her to get Hello Kitty shaped macaroni. I bought them before in Hong Kong. And hooray for the nori as well as the rice mould.


I have a weakness for all things Sanrio. I don't think I will ever outgrow them. I remember in the old days when my school was in Victoria St diagonally across from MPH Stamford, I would save my money and make trips with my little friends to the big bookstore and pick out little things such as stickers, hankerchiefs, etc from the Sanrio section, and thus began my lifelong affair with these loveable characters. I love Hello Kitty but I also love My Melody, Little Twin Stars, and there used to be a Patty & Smith or something. I know Patty had these little pig tails, so cute. Can't remember the last one. Lots and lots of other characters who have not been resurrected. I have to search for my collection of stuff, not sure where to begin in my too full house.

Just a lovely end to a wonderfully blessed day. Good night everyone.

15 comments:

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

So many new toys in a day....lucky gal!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Japanese stuff is really so cute! I'm really backward, I didn't know the shaped nori was bought preshaped. I actually thought Peony cut it out herself with her many Jap. shape cookie cutters. *Duh right?* If you didn't show the pictures, I also don't know what it is. LOL!

SIG said...

Paw Paw - Yes, hehe, I feel so lucky too. ;)

little corner of mine - Oh yes yes, very very cute. Eh, you are not backward, ok?! I also thought the same as you when I first saw them on her blog, but when I read the old posts, I realized they came in a packet. Hahaha! So you are not alone. :P

Peony said...

hahaha,u all so cute ..
where will I have the skill n dexterity to cut such thing ?

that's the Cinnamon bento I wish to add to my collection. I didnt see the Cinnamon nori cut-out, hmmmm.., must open eyes big, big

Miz Young said...

ah yes, the good ol' school days! I love those Hello Kitty stuff too!! and now that I have boys only, I don't have to share my toys with them heheheeh

Unknown said...

I think my girl will go nuts too if she sees all these cute Sanrio stuff. I must confess that even till now I've a weakness for Sanrio things too. Now that you mentioned, I remember that during my primary school days I too used to save money and make trips to MPH Stamford to buy and add on to my collection of Sanrio. Maybe I happened to be one of your little friends then. Haha... :O)

SIG said...

Peony - Hehe, cute the cinammoroll ya? So kind of her to get 3 designs. Yes, you will find them on this upcoming trip and buy more stuff back for us all to drool, ok? ;)

Karen - Ah, good for you. Just make sure your boys don't like them too. Haha. My nephew like Hello Kitty. ;)

Debra - Eh you, of course you were my little friend lah! We went same primary school and classmates, ok?! But whether I went MPH with you, I can't remember haha, cos that was so long ago. But I never will forget those chicken pies at the corner Red House Bakery (I think) where they had the most scrumptious ones. It was a sad day for us convent girls when it got burnt down. I think the bulk of their business came from us girls. Hehehe.

Unknown said...

Oh sorry I meant to say that I wasn't sure I was one of your little friends who went to MPH with you. Of course we went to the same primary school and we're classmates, can't forget that. :O) Oh yes, I love those chicken pies especially when they're just out from the oven. Yummy!

SIG said...

debra - ooo...yes, the pies were lovely, and the smell of freshly-baked pies... heavenly.

Par said...

That looks really cute....

SIG said...

ilovepearly - thanks.

Cranberry said...

Those stuffs are really cute! I am also a hello kitty fan hehehe..

SIG said...

Cranberry - Haha, you are? Well you have those HK mooncakes moulds. ;)

Sue Sue said...

What a coincidence, I also have a Cinnamonroll Bento the same as yours and I bought it in Phuket. Yet to use it and still nicely packed in the paper bag.

So envy u got so many cute stuff. Here is so hard to get sometimes I got to purchase from Ebay. My hubby think I am crazy. hihihi

SIG said...

sue sue - Welcome back! I love the cinamaroll bento too. I think it's nice then the kitty. Wah Phuket also got sell ah? Aiyoh I also tempted to buy online but am quite lucky got people going Japan. Hopefully this couple going end this week can get more stuff. Don't worry we won't think you're crazy. Great minds think alike. ;)