Saturday, October 6, 2007

Carrot cake

Have been busy the past couple of days as cousin is down from London, so been having family dinner, lunch etc. Was so tired last night I even slept at 9.45pm which is virtually unheard of. Finally got to stay home one whole day today and hubby was very kind, washed up after lunch and then in the evening took little one downstairs to have a ride around the estate on her bike, played some frisbee in the field, and now they're on the xbox. It's past her bedtime, but I can't be bothered. Let them go sort it out themselves.

I baked a carrot cake this afternoon and with the leftover mixture, I put them into little cups, to make cupcakes.

Had a little trouble with the baking as I usually bake with the fan on. However, the outer part of the cake rose quite well except for the middle which sank. Oopsy! I then turned off the fan and did normal baking and thank God it turned out fine. The cake also did not dry out.

The texture of the cake was just right, not too dry, neither was it too moist. Only thing is I'm not sure if there is a difference between wholewheat flour and wholemeal flour but what I had was wholemeal flour so you could taste the little grains in them. It's like eating wholemeal bread with the little grains. I don't mind it. It's quite nice. The sweetness was just enough, no need to cut down on sugar and it sure does taste healthy as the name suggests. I guess the fatty part would be the topping as I couldn't get any light cream cheese. But what is carrot cake without the topping, right?

Ah yes, would like to recommend this product below. I don't know how many of you have tried it but we're addicted. :0 Lovely on a slice of white bread and great to pack to school for snack time. There are real strawberries in them, you can tell by the seeds. ;)

5 comments:

Miz Young said...

I want I want!!!

SIG said...

Come and get it! It's only a taxi ride away.

trevshanhann said...

ah yah now must try to make... hubby complaining that he is putting on weight as he has to pass IPT this month ha ha...

SIG said...

Haha, if he's putting on weight then you want to make some more for him to put on?

Seraa said...

Where did you buy this from? Looks divine!