Thursday, October 18, 2007

Peace at last

You must be wondering why I have been rather quiet since the steamboat post, but I had no mood at all to post anything. Firstly, I was busy working on princess' blog which has more posts now (or people will be bugging me about why it's not updated!). I was facing lots of problems trying to do the images, not forgetting touch ups etc. And secondly, little one has been home the last two days and I just couldn't take all the noise anymore yesterday and just had to get out of the house. It was really doing my head in. I was so stressed and easily agitated, everyone got it from me, from the officer (read story below), to my daughter. They all got it good and proper. Today is a busy day too as have a lunch appointment with friends, one of whom is leaving us to go to America to begin her new life there with her new husband. Sob sob. And then there were two... Two of us left from the original group of 4. Well, at least we both will still be here with no plans to move anywhere. :)

I can hear a pin drop. Seriously. I finally have peace at home today. The little one has gone back to school so no coughing sounds every 2 secs (literally), and even the dog is behaving today. The dog? Which dog? No, I don't have a dog. But the neighbour's dog has been annoying the hell out of me, barking incessantly every few minutes for the past month and a half or maybe even two, right from when the owners leave the house in the morning at 7.30am and up to when they get back home in the evening. I have made numerous calls to the office in charge of our area but nothing has been done. It is still barking! Although, it has improved just a little. It barks now later, around 8am or so. Today it was 9am. Gosh, the last few days my stress level was mega high with the kid being at home and demanding attention every few minutes, on top of the coughing, I just let it all out to the officer-in-charge when I finally got a call back from him yesterday about the noisy dog! He claims that each and every time he comes he doesn't hear it!!! After I had lashed out on him and calmed down enough, we discussed how we were going to solve this problem. He said to call him once I hear it and thank God, praise God, when I called him this morning, he actually heard it through my phone, or he'd think I'm some nutcase finding fault with nothing.

There is some renovation works being done in some unit nearby but even that is not dampening my spirit. Peace at last.

10 comments:

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Oh! just one of those crazy days eh!
All the worst things happen at the same time.
U must be mega stressed....:)

Glad to hear that it's all getting bk to normal!! *wink*

InspiredMumof2 said...

Yeah, noises get on my nerves too.

Peony said...

u poor thing, so stress up..

yup, updating for 2 blogs can be time consuming.. lol

SIG said...

paw paw - Oh man, tell me about it! I was crazy and reached my limit of tolerance which is rather high. Oh yes, a bit back to normal now. But sigh, the weekend is coming. Monday will be a day to look forward to. This week was short week too, to myself, as hubby was off work on Monday.

inspired mum of 2 - Oh, I know that! Saw the way you were so annoyed with the noise in the restaurant yesterday! ;)

peony - Oh sweet Peony, you read my mind. It is. But I don't intend for her blog to be all time consuming. But just starting up is tough because got so much stuff to scan etc. My blog, of course, is still the priority.

BoZoGEMOK said...

Oh you poor baby Deb! Phew!finally peace at last yeah! Take a deep breathe and enjoy your tranquility hee hee..

SIG said...

bozo - Oh yes, I sure will.

Jori said...

Must be something in the atmosphere...stress that is! Heavens knows I'm getting my fair share of it here in Ontario! ;)
I hope your peaceful and serene days come back to you soon. I love reading your posts, and look forward to them each day before work!

trevshanhann said...

oh no poor u... must be stressed.Enjoy some peace now.

HK Choo said...

the calm after a storm... :)
i share the same sentiment about noise pollution, it really gets to my nerves. neighbour's dog a few doors away is so irritating with the incessant barking, but at least you get to complain to some office and get some actions done. count yourself lucky ya..me, just gotta bear with it and up my tolerance level.

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Very nice Chai Tow Kueh and it's definitely making me hungry. Got to buy some XO sauce and make it this weekend. Thanks!