Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our dinner

Another coincidence. I bet the canteen lady is out to annoy me, cooking same stuff as I do! Sometimes I wonder why I bother?! Having cooked macaroni soup, I was told by little one that they also had mac soup for snack! Arghh!!! Plus on top of that I had given her 2 slices of strawberry cream cheese bread to take to school, so I didn't want to overload her with food. Thankfully I hadn't added the macaroni to the broth yet or it'd all have been wasted. So I kept it for dinner. She loves tofu so I added tofu, spinach, meatballs and fishcakes (courtesy of her godma) and also used abc pasta which she loves as well. I love the little piggies! Aren't they super cute??


Sometimes it's nice to read other blogs and see what others cook daily. I do get sick of thinking up what to cook for dinner. Another inspiration from littlecornerofmine - stir fried veg with fried tofu and scallops. I also made spinach meatball soup and kungpo chicken with sauce I made up. This dish was because of packet of dried chilli which I picked up from Daiso and so wanting to use it. :)


Kungpo Chicken (recipe for 2) - the sauce is something I made up. I don't know what the actual ingredients are to make this dish.

Ingredients -

1 chicken breast (cut into cubes) - seasoned in a little light soy sauce,
white pepper and bit of cornflour
7-8 pcs dried chilli (soaked in water)
4-5 slices ginger
1 clove of garlic (sliced thin)
cashew nuts (approx 1/3 cup)
oil

Sauce - (mix in a bowl)

1 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
Few drops of sesame oil
1 tsp water

Method -

1. Drain chilli and pat dry. Heat wok and add oil. Then fry chilli. Remove and fry ginger then garlic. When fragrant, add chicken cubes.

2. When chicken is browned, add sauce and stir fry till cooked. Add cashews and mix well. Then turn off the flame. Dish out and serve with white rice.

8 comments:

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Me too enjoy looking at food pix from blogs.
Your KungPo Chix looks yummy..& SPICY..
The fish cake also vey cute.

trevshanhann said...

hey where you but the ABC pasta?? been looking for that all over

SIG said...

paw paw - Hehe, it's not spicy at all. Love the fishcake. :) From a market stall, can you believe it? Those from s'mkt so ex!

trevshannhann - Aiyoh I bought ages ago but one okt lasts forever. Can't remember. Carrefour? Not sure.

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

REALLY ??? From the wet market...wow! Now wet market so hi-class ahhh...hahaha!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy dinner, every dish look delish! I love homecook meal!

You were right, the piggy fishcake is very cute. :)

SIG said...

little corner of mine - Ya, when I'm in the mood I will cook everyday. But sometimes lazy then for few days don't cook. Haha. I mean it is cheap to eat out here and so convenient.

HK Choo said...

nice piggy...in the theme for this year being the golden piggy year, hahah...from peony's blog of piggy cookies to your blog of piggy fishcakes.

din know daiso sells dried chilly as well? that's a surprise to me, at least.

cute bowl for your kungpo chicken :)

SIG said...

Choo - Yes, haha, I made pig cookies for CNY but I lost the recipe from mag *sob sob*. :( Daiso sells foodstuff too. And I suspected (and I was right), that Jap chilli is not spicy. LOL! He he, kungpo bowl also from Daiso ages ago ;P