Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's here, it's here!!!

It's Christmas come early!! Dear hubby so kindly got me this Kenwood beauty on Sunday. Been very patient waiting for it to be delivered. It just arrived! :)))

Was meant to be for Christmas but decided to buy it on the spot as it's usually out of stock at most places. We were lucky to spot it at Carrefour.

I didn't think it wise to spend almost a thousand to get one (I know that's what the KitchenAid would cost). I'm just a simple homebaker, not by any means professional. The only grouse is that this particular model doesn't come in silver. But I can live with that. The thing that attracted me was the cover over the mixing bowl. This way my batter doesn't splatter everywhere. You know me and my problems with them creepy crawlies (yeeks, just thinking of them gives me the creeps).

It comes with a liquidiser which attaches to the top of it and you can buy accessories to add to the basic set such as mincer, juicer, etc. I think it's time to do an auction on Yahoo! to get rid of some old stuff. ;) By old, I don't mean all dirty and overused. Most of the items are rather new and very rarely used.

The extension cable is very cleverly designed to be kept in a compartment on the back of it. No messy cables.

17 comments:

daphne said...

*jumps with gee* new toy!! so what will u be making with it?? so exciting!!!

SIG said...

Oooh yes daphne!! Made strawberry butter cake for a start. ;)

Peony said...

wah,merry X'mas to U, hehehe

me, just waiting for my old sunbeam mixer to die on me first, no counter space for another toy :(

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Enjoy yr new toy....do churn out lots of yummy bakes for us to drroool .. okies!

SIG said...

Hahaha Peony. Very funny. Hope your sunbeam goes soon so you also have a Merry X'mas huh?! LOL

Paw paw - I sure will have fun with it. ;) Hehehe, don't drool lah. You also can bake.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice toy you have there! :)

SIG said...

Thanks little corner of mine. ;)

HK Choo said...

think "Selamat Hari Raya" is more appropriate since the celebration is nearer than Christmas? just kidding..enjoy your new toy. that means you're also gonna be the next person to "open bread shop" per peony's words? hahhaha...

SIG said...

choo - what open bread shop? I don't even know how to make bread! Hahha

Anggie's Journal said...

heh.. wow great gift... for u, yah, i saw this in one of the shopping , not cheap . So hope to see more baking post ... *-*

SIG said...

anggie's journal - haha, will try.

trevshanhann said...

wow great.. i know you've been looking out for one...have fun baking yah!

SIG said...

trevshanhann - Yee hee hee. Yup, I sure will. ;)

HK Choo said...

err..the other day you baked the "bear paw bread", doesn't that count?

SIG said...

Sigh, choo, not counted lah. It was ok when just baked but next day you won't want to eat. Too strong yeast smell.

Cranberry said...

wow Envy Envy and again Envy leh! Congratulations on your new toy! So baking up a storm ha? :)

SIG said...

Cranberry - Haha, envy? I thought you got a Kitchenaid no?