Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More food

Guess I really have nothing to blog about so been blogging quite a bit on our meals at home. Haha. But as you have noticed, I've finally started cooking again. Wonder how long that will last. ;)

I was a very good wife and mother today, hehe, cooked two meals as well as cleaned the floors and tidied up a bit. You'll hardly find me at home as there is always something to keep us occupied. Well, from time to time, I have to get rid of some of the mess that accumulates all the time. Just like the house was spick, span and tidy early this noon, is now filled with toys again all over. But at least the floor is clean. :)

With last night's leftover soup, I added some pasta and made lunch. If you look closely, you would be able to spy the carriage, castle and Cinderella. The Pokemon faces are also cute.

I came across this seasoning in Cold Storage yesterday and was attracted to the picture of the lovely grilled drumsticks. So I decided to buy a packet to try out. Got fresh drumsticks and thighs from the market this morning and marinated them for a couple of hours. I don't know if the taste is authentic but it was delicious.

Made a baby spinach, crabsticks & meatball soup. The soup looks oily but is actually not. It's pretty clear and light, just that the flash catches the oil in a non-flattering way.

And this other one also caught my eye during my grocery shopping trip. I don't know if Muar is famous for their otah, but I loved it. Worth a try.

Well, unfortunately the picture can't tell you too much about the taste. I'm not good at presentation. :P

8 comments:

Jori said...

Are the pokemon faces actually pasta?? They are so cute - we don't have things like that here in Canada. May have to ask you send me some...
Again, your meals look incredible! You rock.

Little Corner of Mine said...

The grilled chickens look yummy! Love your soup too and I do think Muar is famous for otak-otak!

jadepearl said...

Wah, delicious home cook dishes. Wanted to try the muar otak too...saw it while doing groccery shopping. Should go well wz Nasi Lemak. Asian Home Gourmet packs are pretty good. Wah, your chicken thighs are making me drool. :)

daphne said...

hehee.. u have been hard at work! The grilled chicken looks good!!And the chicken maryland- wah! huge!

SIG said...

jori - No, they are not pasta. Just some seasoning that you scatter over rice or noodles. Very cute I know. We got them as a gift for princess' birthday. I think my friend got it in Thailand. Not sure if they sell them here. Thanks for your compliments. :)

little corner of mine - Hehe, thank you. Ya, I think you will like the soup - clear and light. Oh really? I didn't know Muar is known for their otah. I know now. You learn something every day. ;)

jadepearl - Yes, otah goes very well with nasi lemak. Are you in S'pore or US? Hehe, go try grill the chicken thighs then.

daphne - Ya man, glad you noticed. Haha. What is chicken maryland? Actually they were not really very big cos I got fresh chicken. I find that frozen chicken ones are too big.

East Meets West Kitchen said...

I realized that I didn't get the fresh local chicken in Singapore! Btw, do they have chicken farms in there? I tried that otah too, and it stopped my craving for otah for that day. LOL!

SIG said...

east meets west kitchen - Haha, you can get fresh chicken at supermarkets too. Huh, don't think have chicken farms here. I'm clueless haha, amd city not kampong girl. Lol! Oooo.. the otah was good right? But there is a super good one in Joo Chiat. You should have told me you wanted otah. Would have got some for you. That one is superb!

Big Boys Oven said...

The whole chicken tigh wth drumstick looks gorgeous, well done!