Thursday, August 7, 2008

The man in the balloon

Over the weekend we attended a birthday party. It was a combination party for both the girl and boy, as they share the same birthday month, thus the two initials on the cakes.

This balloon man amazed me at the funfair that we had last month as he was fantastic with his balloon creations. P decided to use his services and boy, were we wowed! The man in the balloon act was a bonus that we didn't expect. I think he was fantastic and he grabbed our attention with that particular act. Before that, I wasn't paying attention to him at all. Unfortunately I am not planning anymore big birthday parties for my girl or I would not hesitate to use him. It was a lovely gathering for us mums too. It's our last year together and once everyone goes off to P1 next year, there'll be less time for each other, so we're making the most of it now. :)

Note - That's 5 posts for one day which should make up for the shortage of posts for the week gals. ;) Hope you are happy. :D

10 comments:

Miz Young said...

whew! You've more than made up for your absence hahahha!!!

loved the sandwich cutter, brilliant!! Might get one myself too...

see ya later gal!

daphne said...

wow. The birthday parties look so elaborate these days! In my days, I only hv a cake....hahhaa

HK Choo said...

Amazing..thanks for sharing, my 1st time seeing a ballon-man, hahah...wonder how he gets in and out of that?

petite fleur said...

How interesting - this balloon man. I've never seen that before. So he's actually inside the balloon ?

SIG said...

miz young - Hehehe. Must not let my girls down. ;) Oh ya, try to look out in other Isetans. I got mine at Parkway and there's none left.

SIG said...

daphne - Ya, so lucnky, huh? I don't even remember a cake for my birthdays. My dad would take us out for a meal on all our birthdays.

hk choo - I didn't pay attention. My girl says he put his head in first and then the rest of his body. Then his assistant used a pump to pump air in till it was big enough. He then used a smaller balloon as a stopper to prevent the air from escaping. He did some tricks inside too.

petite fleur - Oh yes, he sure was and stayed there for quite a while in fact.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, so fascinating this balloon man! Love the cake too, very cute!

SIG said...

lcom - Ya, he is. isn't he? Cake was lovely strawberry shortcake.

gaga said...

Whoa, that's crazy! I've never seen that before. Very cool...

SIG said...

Thanks for visiting, gaga. I agree it's super cool.