Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A special day

I didn't have to do morning 'duty' today. I made sure I was spoiled for the day. ;P Gave instructions to hubby, who had taken the day off, that he was to wake up and send the girl down to the school bus, also on how to prepare her breakfast, etc. Of course, everything had been set up for him, from the filled water bottle (reminder to self - check with girl what happened to her bottle yesterday, did it go missing in school??) right down to getting out a ziplock bag for the sandwich as well as socks for school. I don't wish to be woken in the morning when they start scrambling for those. You know the idiom 'let sleeping dogs lie', well, that is me. I hate to be woken from my sleep for nothing. Coincidentally I was born in the year of the dog, or maybe that's why.

It's a week of feasting, starting on Monday with a treat from a good friend for both of us girls, who have our birthdays in May, a week apart. Thanks S, it was lovely. :) Cousin and bff have reserved dates in my diary for meals with them as well. No escaping haha.

I had to inject some joy to my birthday this year as I find it depressing thinking of how old I am. It cheered me up quite a bit spending quality time with my favourite friends over the weekend. For 2hrs, I tried to block out the presence of the exams that was looming in my mind. I always hated that my birthday fell right smack in the middle of the mid year examinations, and thought that I had finally gotten it out of my system, only to realize that it has come back to 'haunt' me haha.

For this year, I hope to have better health and to be stronger physically. I thank the Lord for the gifts of friendship from those who mean so much to me, the very old friends who have been with me through thick and thin and know me inside out, thank you for your love and grace. The newer friends whom I have come to know in recent years, thank you too, and I hope to have more years of friendship with you all. As my close friends know, friends are the most important people in my life. We may not always have the time to meet or catch up, but know that each and everyone of you is always in my heart and thoughts. :D

I am grateful too for my wonderful husband and lovely daughter who bring much joy to my life. I feel truly blessed and am thankful for their patience with me.

I am going to enjoy my special day and do look forward to the new year ahead for whatever surprises there are in store for me, hopefully good ones. ;)

Enjoy the card. I loved it tremendously and agree with the contents. :) I think all mums will.

The maid thing is what I say many times a day!

8 comments:

Susan Yuen said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a fabulous one! :D

sohcool said...

Happy birthday. It was a very nice/funny card you received.
Many happy returns....

SIG said...

Thank you Susan and Sohcool.

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Will say it again, Happy Birthday!

daphne said...

happy happy birthday d! That looks like an awesome celebration u had..with such sweetness too. U have a beautiful family!

Edith said...

Happy Belated Birthday! May all your dreams come true. Good Health and plenty of laughter.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Happy Birthday!

SIG said...

Thanks S, D, E & C. :D