Sunday, May 2, 2010

An early birthday present

Look what I found at Kinokuniya! Akinoichigo's bento book. So so happy to spy that there.

While out shopping with the princess for erasers last Friday, I was admiring the many varieties of cute collectible erasers available at Takashimaya. She was looking specifically for a dog one and I was commenting on how cute they were. She told me I could pick a set and she'd get me for my present. I told her I didn't want erasers hahaha. She said I could buy anything I liked, so I asked her for a budget. She told me $20, and that really caught me by surprise. Firstly, I wasn't expecting anything from her and secondly I was surprised by the amount she quoted. It touched me that she was so generous. I tried to bargain it down to $10 as I didn't want her to spend so much. But she was adamant and stuck to the budget, and told me I could buy anything, even clothing hahaha.

In the end, I let her buy me Akinoichigo's bento book since it was my intent to get it. I paid the difference of about $3 for it. Am indeed very happy with the book and princess' sweet gesture. It follows me everywhere I go in the house, haha. It is such a precious gift and I couldn't wait to get to work on my bentos, and this below is one of the few that I just had to do.

I love the little octopus but am very sad that we can't get the wieners that they have in Japan, those two tone ones. The effect of mine is very different from hers but still happy with it. I used leftover rice and meatballs from dinner the night before, from Tori Q. I boiled some young corn and strung them in skewers with the chicken meatballs that the princess loves. There was also golden kiwi and a strawberry. She loved her dinner very much and was very glad to see that I had re-created something from the new book she bought me.

Thank you darling, and I do love my present very much. :D

7 comments:

Shazz said...

So sweet :)

Shazz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Little Corner of Mine said...

So sweet! Now more new bento creation from you. :)

Lia Chen said...

That Akinoichigo bento book is great! So excited for you ... and hope to see more great bentos in your blog soon. That Tori Q skewer looks so yum :)

Edith said...

oooohhhh she is such a sweetie. Mommy must be walking on air now.

SIG said...

C, yup, I hope so. ;)

edith - Haha, you know the feeling. :D

tina said...

Oh my, she is so sweet and so generous! Give her a kiss from me! hehe