Saturday, December 1, 2007

Japanese Lunch & Mall Shows

Usually, every December, I would take princess to the malls for all the kids' live shows, but I seem to be busy every day since the holidays began, not that it makes any difference to us, as we don't have holidays in her school. During the year-end school breaks, which coincide with Christmas, the malls are full of activities for children.

I found out about the Winx show at Plaza Singapura yesterday and realized that their last day of performance will be tomorrow. So even though I don't go down town on weekends, I thought it'd be nice for princess to catch this one as it's the first time I know of Winx coming to perform. I may be wrong. This time, though, we didn't bother to sit in front of the stage area, maybe we made the right choice, as I thought the performance wasn't great at all. Just 3 Caucasians dancing on the stage. And it was a very short dance too. Instead of spending 30-45mins waiting for the performance to begin, which is usually the time when they open up the area to seat the audience, we chose to fill our empty tummies and where else could we head to but Ichiban Sushi. The princess and I had the usual gunkan, udon, tofu. And hubby, usually the boring one, frequently goes for the teriyaki chicken set. However, for the last few visits, he has been a little more adventurous and been trying the salmon set, I don't know what the exact name is, but it is a lovely simple dish with sliced salmon simmered in a light broth which he paired with rice. Today, however, he ordered the Salmon Fragrant Rice and according to the picture in the menu, it appeared to be a simple fried rice dish. But interestingly, when it was served, we were surprised at the presentation.

It came in a hot stone dish which kept the rice extremely hot right to the last mouthful. It was served with a bowl of Miso soup and a side dish of salad. I had a little taste of the rice and it was really fragrant. The fragrance coming from the sesame oil and seeds and it was paired with a picked veg, maybe a radish? I didn't really study it but overall the taste was very nice.


Mall Shows -

Takashimaya - Sesame Street Musical Show and Meet & Greet

United Square - Dora & Friends as well as Spongebob Squarepants

Parkway Parade - Mickey & Friends

The Centrepoint - Disney Princesses

These are but some of the mall shows on at the moment. I believe most of them end on 9Dec. Hope to find time to go but next week is all packed.

12 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

How fun, so many shows for the kids!

Oh yeah, have fun meeting up and shopping with V! :)

daphne said...

so nice! I'm sure the children love it!

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

So, I see I am not the only one that Q early for 1st row seats.

SIG said...

little corner of mine - Oh yes always look forward to end of year shows. And yes, can't wait to have some fun with Vi.

daphne - Oh yes, they wure do.

paw paw - Hahaha, I bet you're one of those. So we do have lots of things in common.

Beachlover said...

oh!all your listed show is my daughter favourite cartoons.We brought her to Disney World during summer,and she loved it!!hmmmm...your Japanese food look good!!

SIG said...

beachlover - Haha, am sure all kids love them. How old is Mishu? Wlw, my dream to go to Disneyworld. On;y been to the lands. Oh yes, does look yummy. :)

Big Boys Oven said...

it is always during the end year where loads of goodies are installed at all malls! so cool!

SIG said...

Oh yes, of course. To entice the adults to spend money there to get free gifts too haha.

InspiredMumof2 said...

Wow, Christmas mood is definitely in! The japanese food is definitely good. Thanks for your recommendation, I now have a new food haunt ;-P

SIG said...

inspiredmumof2 - Hehe, glad you enjoy the food there too.

trevshanhann said...

thanks for the update...can always count on you to know where the shows will be!

SIG said...

trevshanhann - Oh ya, haha. There are more but I can't be bothered to look for them. This year we have only been to one.