Thursday, December 13, 2007

Busier than a bee

I've been busy, busy, busy. And will still be, at least till this Sunday. So cookie exchange friends, am sorry but only able to complete my cookie exchange next week when the weather is better (but of course it's nice and sunny today to bake what I'm planning to bake), except I've got NO time today to do it!

So, a roundup of the week's events. We've been doing the rounds at the malls. I have to be fair to little one as it was raining the past 2 weeks and my feet were far from alright (they still are a drag, literally, as I have to drag myself everywhere), plus I've been doing my own stuff in preparation for Christmas - shopping, wrapping presents etc. And we have missed out loads of mall shows as most of them have ended as of last Sunday 9th Dec, so I decided that since this week is dedicated to princess, we'd do fun things that she'd enjoy. I signed her up for 2 craft classes at United Square. One was a tee-shirt decor class which she attended with the godbrothers, and the second one was a tote bag decor class. To have a look at what she did, visit her at www.my-little-gallery.blogspot.com

Oops, we happened to be at Suntec City on Sunday and caught a glimpse of the Looney Tunes Show. Nothing fantastic. I still like the Barbie ones.

We tried out a spot of ice-skating on Tuesday at Central Mall. You just have to spend any amount and you get to have a free lesson. I knew she'd be excited about that. It's the first time she's tried it and I think she did a wonderful job. I wouldn't even be able to stand on those things, much less walk in them!

And yesterday, we finally met up with P & little S for lunch at Raffles City. It was for the Barbie show that I chose that location. I thought the two girls would enjoy it. We did not watch the movie prior to the 'live' show so we didn't know the story. But it turned out to be a really lovely Barbie show. We got the dvd and watched it promptly last night, and refused to go to bed even though it was past our bedtime and we had to go to school today. Sigh.

10 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

I tried ice-skating once and man that was hard!

daphne said...

oo.. looked like she had so much fun!ANd all those classes? man! lucky princess!

SIG said...

little corner of mine - Oh ya, I believe it is tough, but I think kids are better at learning such things than me old bones. Haha.

daphne - Yes, she sure did very much. Haha, yes, very lucky. I try to let her do fun stuff during school hols, esp Dec time.

East Meets West Kitchen said...

That looks like so much fun! She looks like a natural ice skater too! :)

Big Boys Oven said...

sounds like a good outing!

SIG said...

east meets west kitchen - Ya, she surprised me. But I believe once she goes on inline skates and gets how to do that she would have more confidence on ice.

big boys oven - Oh yes it was.

karlsfoodie said...

ermm for young kids onli?or can adults go for the class too?? I wanna go!! my skates are rusting inthe storeroom manz

SIG said...

karlsfoodie - Hey, you know you can actually go to Kallang Leisure Park to do it? They are open now for business the ice-skating rink. And I tell you it's cheaper than this novena makeshift one. Cost me $20/half hr. Ex lah since got no lessons. The one at central mall is very tiny the space but adults can. But it's mostly kids. They also have lessons at Kallang but since you have ice skates then you must know how to do it, why need lessons?

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Never ice-skated in my life, balance's not my thing plus look at those blades I am horrified. Very kiasi sort.

D, you that thin woman in jeans ah? How come blog about makan this bake that still so thin huh?

SIG said...

beau - I also can't skate. I can't even walk properly how to skate hahaha. Eh hello, sorry wrong number hor. I think you are smaller size than me. Hahaha. Hope we'll meet this trip. Be a pity if we don't. ;)