Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Donut Class

Yesterday, princess and her cousin Z attended a baking class for kids. They made donuts. How cute. The embarrassing thing is that her donuts tasted better than the ones I tried baking. Hahaha. It was fun for them and we mums wanted to occupy them during the hols with some activities, and basically let them spend some time together because we hardly meet up these days as they live far away from us, and school and everything gets in the way.

So while they were at class, we walked around Parkway and did some errands. And before long it was time to pick them up again. Oh gosh, the minute I stepped into the kitchen classroom, all I could see was sugar, chocolate, everything covering the floor. Eeew. But thankfully I had the good sense to bring a plastic container to put the donuts in as the containers given to them were all covered in chocolate and sprinkles and cinnamon sugar.

This morning, I have to babysit Z, whose mum has a medical appointment. He's been rather quiet all morning, but within an hour he was already bored of the tv, the kitchen playset, and I last left him drawing. Time to check on him now and get ready to go out. Ciao!

13 comments:

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Soon she will be a great helper in the kitchen with the cooking, baking & all.

InspiredMumof2 said...

Wow, princess can bake this? Thats not bad! Another young baker in training.

SIG said...

paw paw - Yes, she's already trained in that. She helps wash vegetables. Hang out the laundry and pegs them. Folds clothes, and before I had my mixer, she was the stirrer. Hehe. She can break eggs too. Sometimes she'll help vacuum and mop the floor. Must train from young. :P

inspiredmumof2 - Yes, she did. Turned out even better than mine.

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Haha!...
wow~! that is a lot of training.
well done!
I dare not do too much wz my boy..wait become too 'niang' .. hahah!

Oh for the love of food! said...

Hi Debra! did Princess enjoy the baking class experience? at some point in the near future, I will be holding cooking and baking classes for adults and kids too ( older kids - pre-teens onwards).
How have you been? I'm still feeling tired and sluggish from the whole month of continuous LONG rehearsals for the musical my Church staged last Saturday! It was a huge success but I'm SOOOOO glad it's over! It will take a while for our bodies to wind down from all the activity!

daphne said...

wow. Are they baked or fried? Looks like you have a talented little girl with you!!

SIG said...

paw paw - Well, she asked to help. It actually started with pegging clothes, that was fun. I have a clothes stand for her from ikea for kids so it started there. So since she's keen to help me, I just let her do sometimes. Well, I don't think boys will become 'niang'. In fact I think guys should be taught. Hey, SNAGs are popular with girls these days as most girls don't do housework and it helps if the husband is there to lend a hand. Plus most people have maids and kids these days do not need to lift a finger.

SIG said...

oh for the love of food! - Hey Carol, oh yes, she did enjoy them. Yesterday they had ice-cream making class. I think it's a great idea for you to do classes like that. It will be very fun. We have those classes here too but they charge very high prices, so we did ours in the community club and it's more affordable.

I've been fine, thanks. Have been real busy this school holidays, going here and there and every week is packed to the brim. Haha.

It's such a pity I read about the musical a few days too late. When I saw it, I told my sis she had to go, but when I checked the date, it was over. :( I bet it must have been great. Well, now is the time to rest to recharge for Christmas.

SIG said...

daphne - They are baked. Oh, thanks. :)

Oh for the love of food! said...

I didn't know your sis lived in Perth... I would have sent her an invite for the musical!

SIG said...

oh for the love of food! - Thanks. There is always next time. :)

Cranberry said...

one day she will be a great baker like you. Yummy donuts, princess!

SIG said...

cranberry - Awww, no, her mum is not a great baker like you said. Haha. Just edible lah.