Monday, December 3, 2007

Another busy Sunday

Hubby wanted to make a trip down to Funan DigitaLife Mall to pick up a computer part. Despite the traffic jam that we anticipated due to SITEX and road closures from the walkathon, we still made our way there. Unfortunately, it was a wasted trip as the shop that he intended to visit was closed as they had a stall at SITEX. Sigh.

Nevertheless, he had wanted to lunch at TCC so these were the stuff we had...

Oreo Milkshake & Chocolate Mint Frappe (can't confirm the name of this one)

Mushroom soup for princess.

Some beefball baked spaghetti (didn't take note of name as well) for hubby.

Seafood Aglio Olio for me.

Don't be fooled by the size of the pictures as the portions were not huge. Just a nice portion, enough to fill you. The mushroom soup was nice. Hubs said the baked pasta wasn't great. As for the aglio, I thought it was ordinary. I think this cafe is better known for their drinks and cakes. Well, for me, that is.

We rushed home, after a short walk around the mall, to decorate the tree. Been wanting to do it since Friday but it was one thing after another so there was no chance to do it at all.

So ta da, here it is. I don't know if it looks too sparse but for me, I believe that with a live tree, the beauty of it is that you do not need to over-decorate it. The tree on its own is beautiful. Oops, it's kind of slanted.

Hubby decided to stencil this onto the sliding door.


Been receiving parcels left, right, centre in the past few days and glad that mil's packages arrived! Hurray. No more trips to the post office. For a peek at what she sent, visit princess' blog www.my-little-gallery.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Nails...etcetera with Priscilla ! said...

Presents under the tree already?

U must have grabbed yr tree pretty early.
My friend's tree is more botak..
*wink*

daphne said...

wow, what nice stenciling! Looks like TCC serves pretty good food too.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice Christmas tree and lots of presents under the tree already! Oh yeah, the drinks look very good!

Christina Kim said...

One word, nice!!!
And I love the Christmas tree....oh, I can't wait for Christmas!!:D

SIG said...

paw paw - Yes, can you believe it? A week ago I was totally not ready for Christmas and didn't feel like shopping for presents etc. But when the tree came, it just suddenly felt more Christmassy. And best part I picked up quite a few gifts in one visit to the bookshop. Yes, I did get my tree early.

daphne - Ya, hubby did that, but also it all went to the floor and walls. Sigh. Ya, TCC does. Have you not been?

little corner of mine - Hehe, ya better to shop early and when inspired. ;) Yes, the oreo milkshake is very nice but I don't know about the coffee.

christy - Thanks so much. Thanks for dropping by as well. Hehe, yup, can't wait for Christmas.