Saturday, January 15, 2011

Taxi drivers

I had a bad spell with taxi drivers during the week. The first happened when I was rushing my girl to the paed. I usually like to go early in the morning so that I don't need to wait too long for her turn. When I left home that morning in a hurry, I had just changed my bag and thus forgot to take my umbrella along. It started drizzling when we got out of the lift but as we were in a rush, I didn't bother going back to get it. However, when we got to the main road to catch a cab, a queue had formed with approximately 4 people in line. I didn't think we'd have luck getting one and I wasn't going to take the girl out in the rain (she was running a fever at the time). Thus, I called for a cab and was lucky to get one with a 3-5min arrival time. When the guy arrived, I went out from under the block and waved at him. He didn't even look and just drove his cab along. I waved and shouted and still no response. He just went on. It got me really mad and I caught up with him and banged on the boot of his cab, with my girl trailing me in the rain. He really got it from me good. However, he apologized. I let it go at that. Important at that time was getting to the clinic on time, and besides he already said he was sorry.

On Tuesday, I had gone to get groceries as well as the cake for my girl. In my right arm were 4 heavy bags as I had to free my left hand for my bag as well as the cake. This driver of the cab I was about to board had a real attitude problem. Seeing that I was struggling, he just glared blankly at me. I signalled for him to help open the boot and he didn't budge. I shook my head at him and he reluctantly got out and said to me, 'don't shake your head lah'. I told him he was very rude and that I wasn't going to go in his cab. He then said to me, ' I also don't want to take you'. I was fuming by then and got the next cab driver to open his boot. In my anger, also due to a breaking arm and shoulder from the weight of the groceries, I had not thought of it, till the driver said to take down the number plate of the previous cab to lodge a complain. I have taken it down but due to taking care of the sick child, have not had a chance to call the company yet, which I definitely will do this coming Monday. I'm not letting that one off.

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

No, you must not let that one off indeed!

SIG said...

Ok, have called and complained!