Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Year of the Ox

I hardly baked this year, except for my favourite pineapple tarts, which I made once last week, just to try out the recipe, and yesterday, together with princess, we made more. She was in charge of brushing the eggwash on, as well as sticking the cloves in. :)

I made half a batch with cheese on top. It's quite popular these days to find tarts with cheese. I guess the saltiness of the cheese goes very well with the sweetness of the jam, and it replaces the salt in the recipe.

A very Happy New Year to one and all. May the Year of the Ox bring us abundant blessings.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

7 comments:

Dutchess said...

Hi D,

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you and your family, too!

karlsfoodie said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai
May you be blessed with good health!

Big Boys Oven said...

Gong Xi Fatt Cai to you and your family! from us S&S!

Sweet Jasmine said...

Nice tarts. Wishing you and family a very Happy and Prosperous year of the Ox.

SIG said...

Thanks to all. And karlsfoodie, thanks for that - health is what I wish for most. :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your pineapple tarts look so cute. I didn't make any pineapple tart this year, no mood. :(

Anywway, have a happy, wealthy and healthy Ox year!

SIG said...

lcom - Thanks, haha. A happy and healthy niu year to you too!