Friday, January 9, 2009

Birthday celebration in school + Bento #4

We made some chocolate-covered strawberries for the girls in class this morning, thus was really busy. Made some pancakes for her bento as well.

I don't know if they usually allow kids to celebrate their birthdays in school, but instead of a cake, I decided strawberries were healthier and they would really like the chocolate part of it. It also wouldn't be as messy. This was a last minute thing which I only thought of yesterday, thus made do with whatever chocolate chips I had in the fridge, melted them, and dipped almost two cartons of strawberries, which I picked up with KY, at Giant last Sunday. Imagine $2.95 for a punnet of Korean ones and I only saw them on offer at Vivo. When I went to IMM the day after, Giant there was selling them at $5plus. I also packed goody bags for them but didn't take a photo.

I am told that, every day, the girls are curious to see what's in princess' bentos, so she's really proud of that, but it still doesn't change her mind about catered food. I gave her simple ready stuff today, but I think it was too little as she didn't have her lunch, but it's ok, hubby is taking us out to a sushi dinner soon. :D

She had mini pancakes, cherry tomatoes, blueberries and cheese cubes.

Ah huh, princess had a goody bag too, so I'm able to take a photo of what was in it. Most of the sweeties are gone though...

I really couldn't resist the Cinnamoroll pencil cases from Daiso, and actually went to a few outlets to scout for them. Thanks also to KY for helping me with this task. I initially had to contend with only half the class getting them and the other half getting bags but just the day before sending them to school, the kind lady at Daiso called me up with good news that the cases were in! Now, everyone would have the same. :D You can tell I'm a Sanrio fan through and through. And it was something I discovered in primary school when I would save up my money to go across to MPH and buy a little hankerchief, or a pencil cap, or just little stuff. I'm glad that Daiso has made it very affordable, although they have limited stuff. Once in a while, I still indulge in them at the Sanrio outlet at Taka.

5 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Princess S
Happy Birthday to you

And one chocolate-coated strawberry for Auntie Lotus :-).

Miz Young said...

I am so glad you managaed to get all pencil cases for the girls coz they are really pretty!

So do I get chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday too? hehehehe

jadepearl said...

Happy New Year 2009! May the year of the Cow brings you more joy, happiness, good health, luck and prosperity!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!

SIG said...

Dear S & KY, hehe, sure, you can help yourselves to the strawberries. ;) Yes, really glad I got all pencil cases for the class. :D

jadepearl - Thank you, and have a great year ahead yourself.

ganache-ganache said...

Happy Birthday to your Princess ! JF who is the same age will turn 7 only in August, still long way to go !
Wow, Korean strawberries are so cheap now !!! Last May when I bought them it was abt $10/punnet, wish I'm in Sin right now, u know here in KK a punnet of US Driscolls strawberry cost btwn RM23.00-RM27.00, so damn exp !!!