Friday, January 30, 2009

Bento #15, 16, 17

I made a 'panda' bento after seeing it at 'mothering corner'. This mum has lots of patience and she prepares such beautiful food for her kids. You can see her detailing how to do each step, but this mum here has no such patience, so that's the best I can do. Haha. I thought the little pandas were so cute and since I had run out of ideas on what to prepare for princess' bento, I decided to give it a try. I made them for school yesterday and her little friends thought they were sushi. Instead of jam sandwiches, I used cheese and ham for the filling.

This morning was a great get-together for us mums since our kids started school this year. We managed to gather 4 mums together and a couple of the younger kids as well. Our initial plan was to have prawn noodles for breakfast, but alas the shop won't be open for business till tomorrow. I packed her a breakfast bento comprising animal biscuits, pineapple tarts, yoghurt (petit maim), as well as hello kitty-shaped dragonfruit.

For school, it was a rushed affair putting the foodstuff together, as we came back a little late from breakfast, so I just heated up some pasta, and cut out a HK-shaped cheese and some hurriedly put together eyes, nose and whiskers. I'll have to do a better job next time. ;) Also boiled her some salmon cheese sausages.

3 comments:

sohcool said...

Hi hi,
No offence but I think I need a lot of imagination to make out the hello kitty-shaped dragonfruit. :D

SIG said...

sohcool - Haha, ya, none taken. You can see it better in the box below, just the outline.

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hello SIG,

Happy New Year! I know this is a little late but I have been so busy with work and in fact, just came back from Taipei recently.

You have been making bentos and thumbs up for you! Your bentos are really cute and I bet your daughter must have enjoyed them ^^

Is the display picture your daughter? So cuteeeeeeee!