Saturday, March 29, 2008

Steamed Herbal Chicken

Do any of you read the 'Food & Travel' magazine? I am very pleased to be introduced to it by Kenwood when I joined as a member and was given 4 copies of them. In them, I found many simple recipes to experiment with and most of them turned out quite nice. The pumpkin curry I prepared earlier was also from this magazine. Just this week, I made this herbal chicken and also the steamed fish fillet which were both simple to prepare, and tasted good.

Steamed Herbal Chicken (taken off the November issue of the magazine)

Ingredients -

2 chicken thighs
2 tsp Chinese wolfberries
2 tsp polyconattum (yok chok)
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp Chinese rice wine
salt and pepper to taste

Method -

1. Marinade the chicken with all the ingredients for about mins.

2. Place the chicken and the ingredients in a bowl and steam for 25mins (I did 35 to get it more tender).

3. Serve immediately with rice.

4 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Really easy and delicious looking leh!

sohcool said...

Hello,

Marinade the chicken with all the ingredients for about "how many" mins?

No idea what are chinese wolfberries but I will go do a search in Yahoo!

This recipe looks good and no fuss. Thanks for the idea.

Big Boys Oven said...

I am totally steam with saliva looking at thos chicken! must be full of aroma!

SIG said...

little corner of mine - Hey, try it. It's lovely.

sohcool - Erm... I think 10mins if not wrong, but as with all marinades, the longer the better no? But for this I think 10-15mins enough. Chinese wolfberries are gou qi you know, those little dried red berries good for the eyes. It's really easy and great for busy you.

big boys oven - Haha, it sure is very tasty.