500g fettucine (I used fresh, not dried)
Extra fresh sage leaves to garnish
Shaved parmesan, to serve (Can you believe the prices of these things??!! I bought the cheapest which was some Australian Cheddar)
Prosciutto Tenderloins -
12 chicken tenderloins (I used 9 pcs fillet, I believe the little fillet = tenderloins?)
6 slices prosciutto (Cut 3 slices in half - cost saving hehe)
12 sage leaves (9 for me)
Carbonara Sauce -
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
300 ml cooking cream
1/2 cup milk
2 egg yolks
1. To make prosciutto tenderloins, place a tenderloin across a piece of prosciutto. Place a sage leaf, lengthwise, on top of each tenderloin. Roll-up prosciutto to hold each leaf in place.
2. Cook chicken in a heated, oiled non-stick frying pan until browned all over and cooked through. Remove and cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain.
4. To make carbonara sauce, heat oil in the same large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 mins, or until onion is soft. Add cream and milk and bring to the boil. Add pasta and egg yolks. Reduce heat to medium. Stir until pasta is hot
5. Arrange pasta on a serving plate. Top with cooked tenderloins. Garnish with extra sage leaves. Served with shaved cheese.
On a Swedish winters day, Styrsö Halsvik
4 days ago