Monday, December 6, 2010

Japan 2010

We arrived home yesterday morning after a very exhausting 8-day trip to Tokyo. I didn't know what to expect on my first trip there, but have lived to tell that my fears were unfounded. Language was not a barrier and I'm glad that my command of Chinese is strong enough to help me get around. Chinese words can be found everywhere and it is pretty easy to travel around after the first 2 days of figuring out the metro system. We did lose our direction once or twice but at least we didn't get onto wrong trains. The princess proved to be a very good gps system and she saw and observed things better than we did, and was thus able to point us in the right direction more than a few times. Thank goodness for that. I've heard nothing but praise for this country and how my friends who've been loved it so much, they wish to return over and over again. But one thing they didn't tell us was the amount of walking and stair climbing we had to do, and that 3-4mins actually meant 15mins or more! We had a great time there, despite all the suffering our feet, or rather mine went through. The weather wasn't as cold as we would have liked it to be, but what to do, we couldn't get tickets for travel in December. Will I visit it again? Yes, I would, but next time round, I'd be ready to cover more of the areas outside of Tokyo.

No comments: