Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chicken Satay Pasta

We had so much satay leftover, we'll be stuffing our faces with satay these couple of days. As we were out most of yesterday, we only got home after 5pm and I had to rustle up a quick dinner. I had already planned to use the chicken satay from Saturday's bbq to make a pasta dish which was quick and easy. Cut up some strips of red capsicum, shredded some cabbage leaves, red onion, garlic slices and stir fried all together and a meal was complete. Other than a little sprinkle of salt, no other seasoning was required.

8 comments:

daphne said...

i hv shredded curry chicken in my fridge man. maybe i shld make a version of this too.

SIG said...

Oooo... curry is lovely. You should do that!

Unknown said...

wohohooooo i love satay sauce on anything! especially with noodles yummmm

SIG said...

mochachocolata rita - Well, unfortunately I omitted the satay sauce on the pasta as I didn't want to push my luck with the peanuts. I'll suffer all over the next day, and might not be too mobile when that happens. But the satay sauce is a great idea. I would have used it if I could take peanuts.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Another quick and easy throw together pasta meal. Great use of leftover!

SIG said...

little corner of mine - Yes, when you are busy like me always on the go, it helps loads, these leftovers.

Sweet Jasmine said...

yeah...another quick meal...most of the time i used some leftover roast chicken meat.

SIG said...

sweet jasmine - Oh ya me too, when I have roast chicken and after using the meat for sandwich filling there's plenty left I will fry pasta day after and boil bones to make stock so nothing is wasted. :)