Saturday, November 1, 2008

Petits Beurres

Ever since I got my personalized cookie cutter set, I've been wanting to make use of it. Tartelette had posted about hers and how she couldn't find a petits beurre recipe that came close to the original, so she makes use of a shortbread recipe instead. For me, I have never tasted one but I decided to try out chocolate and zucchini's recipe. And I love it! Except that it was on the salty side. Is it suppose to taste salty? I have no idea. Maybe someone can enlighten me. But for my own preference, I would half the amount of salt to 1/2tsp.

8 comments:

Tartelette said...

I love the little mousse!!
Well, Petits Beurre are made with salted butter so they do have a tendency to have a little salty taste to them, but it should be barely noticeable. I guess I am never satisfied having tasted the original ones...spoiled me :)

SIG said...

tartelett - Wow, thanks for your visit. :) Yes, I suspected there wud be a little salt on it but this one was rather salty on my palette. Haha, I couldn't find the mouse I was looking for, so it had to be a purple one. ;) By original, you mean homemade or factory-made? ;)

The Cooking Ninja said...

I used to live in the city where they made Petits Beurres. :) Delicious but fattening. hehehe

Little Corner of Mine said...

Never have Petits Beurres before, so no help there. But I like your new cookie cutter. :)

SIG said...

ninja - Wah, you did? Cool!

lcom - Me too, well, but I like this recipe so I guess will stick to it for now. :) I love it too. Hehe.

Beau Lotus said...

That gadget is sooo cool.

So what else are you going to make with them next?

Mochachocolata Rita said...

how cute!!!.....i probably would love it a little on the salty side :)

Cranberry said...

Wow Deb, I love your new toy! Cool man! haha.. love to see more of your bakes using the cookie cutter :)