Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chicken Macaroni Soup

Was down with a flu the past few days. Oops, just reminded me I need to go take my anti-biotics. Be right back...

Because I haven't been feeling that well, I was craving for some soup dish and that's what I made for dinner last night. Got a piece of fresh chicken breast from the market in the morning and made a stock with it together with 2 cobs of corn, half a brown onion and a stick of carrot. Boiled it for a couple of hours and had a delicious soup base, full of sweetness. After having shredded the chicken and removed the corn kernels from the cob, I boiled the macaroni and added fishballs and green leafy vegetables to the broth and seasoned it with salt, pepper, light soya sauce and a dash of sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, spring onions, and fried shallots, it was ready to serve. Hubby had two servings and princess enjoyed the whole bowl of it. :)

In the past couple of weeks, I was really not in the mood to do much, and especially lazy to cook or bake or practically do anything at all. I think it's the combination of my body pains and also maybe the onslaught of the flu. I'm glad that I have started cooking two dinners this week and one lunch yesterday of fried bee hoon, and to top it all, I baked twice. One was for brownies and the other for cheesecake. Rather pleased with myself that I accomplished all that. And glad that my pain is almost gone. It was truly a depressing time for me not to be very mobile, cos I love to be on the move. You can hardly find me at home. Glad I am up and about again, although I try to rest as much as possible while little one is away in school in the mornings. I am, however, looking forward to the next few days, primarily Thurs, Fri and Sat. Can't wait to meet my friends again to catch up and see how much baby C has grown. Apparently she's crawling now and we haven't had much time to visit her in the last few weeks. So I'm looking forward. :)

As I told the doctor, this week is a busy week for me and I have no time to even fall ill, so she prescribed the anti-biotics. Have a lunch appointment with KY today and look forward to a great shopping trip and a yummy lunch. Can't wait to get out of the house with the renovations going on at the neighbours. Yikes! All that drilling!

No comments: