Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bento for the family

I finally made dinner bento for us all. Bought 3 bento sets around the Chinese New Year period. I didn't pick them up personally, but according to friend, they were quite cheap so I got her to get them for me. They seemed too big at first, but after using them this evening, they aren't too bad. I just wish there weren't so many gaps in-between. Anyhow, I thought it'd be fun, for a change, to serve dinner this way. The girl was excited and ate everything except the baked teriyaki wings. There is a serving of black pepper salmon, xiao bai chye with crabsticks, some maki, green kiwi for her and a slice of orange each for hubby and me. I sprinkled some seaweed pork floss on our rice , whilst hers had some beef furikake, a mini pack of Milo and to round off, we all had a Ferrero Rocher each.

4 comments:

Angeleyes said...

It must be a very fun meal for all of you! Why S don't take the chicky wings??? If mine, it will be the first to be attacked! LOL

I was thinking we all should use a bento tray for our meals too (after I bought one for Darrius a few days back) as it is a good way to portion food... not eating less and not over eat! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yes, what a fun way to enjoy dinner. :)

Smiley Baker said...

Never tried bento before.Looks fun.Shall try it one of these days!

daphne said...

good for portion control too!!