Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Missing lunch :(((((

Sigh... I am just so upset now.

I don't know where to begin.

Remember this?

The thermal flask and lunch box as well as the bag have gone missing.

She didn't even get to eat the food in the flask.

I was in the mrt on my way to meet friends at Bishan for lunch today when I got a call from the girl. I thought she just wanted to say hi and hear my voice as she sometimes does that during recess. Unfortunately she brought bad news. She told me that her lunch box was missing, she didn't say the entire bag. However, she said that she had money to buy lunch from the canteen. So that was good. She mumbled something about having left her bag in class and when she next went back, it was gone. "Bye" and click... line cut off. So this mummy was left hanging onto her last words.

I immediately called the school office to ask if anyone had come in with a lunch bag that they had found. The clerk checked and said that they didn't have it. I told her to give me a call if they did, and left my contact number with her.

She just got home and I have been told the story. Apparently she had left her lunch bag in class when she went for her Chinese class in another classroom. When she returned, her lunch bag was missing. As they then had to proceed to the school hall, she left it at that and came back a second time later on at 1pm, to look for it again. It was nowhere to be found.

I know my child better and I know that she is a very responsible girl. Unless she had made a mistake and had left the bag somewhere else, there is no way that bag could have walked itself out of the classroom.

I just hope the teacher will get back to me asap and find out what happened, or better still, found that bag.

10 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

I hope they found out who took the lunch bag and return it to you. I feel very sayang because the thermal flask is so nice.

Miz Young said...

Yup! She is a responsible girl, indeed. It can only be a theft case and I'm also upset about it. Especially since it's missing in a school! I found out recently that the boys also leave their wallets in their bags all the time and always worry if it's safe. They do have a separate pouch for their lunch money in their pockets thought.

I really hope that the teacher can shed some light on this.... kinda want to restore our faith in the kids.....

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Some kid's probably jealous of her wonderful bentos.

SIG said...

Sigh, ladies, no they can't find the items. Still investigating.

daphne said...

Oh dear! What a disappointment it must be. I can't believe someone could have stolen lunch of someone else. :(

SIG said...

daphne - I know :(

Angeleyes said...

I was so sad for your girl for what had happened. She must be very sad that her pretty food flask is gone. I hope the school could find it for her...

So far any news yet??

SIG said...

Angeleyes - I know, we are both sad but we have gotten over it. No news at all. :(

HK Choo said...

Sorry to hear about this, so sayang. Hope the school can get to the bottom of this.

SIG said...

Doubt so, HK. Sob.